MINING-GEOLOGICAL BUSINESS FORUM мinex
PRESENTS A SCIENTIFIC AND PRACTICAL CONFERENCE
Мinex FORUM northwest 2007
23-24 May, 2007
Finnish National Theatre, Petrozavodsk
Government of the Republic of Karelia
Karelian mining association
Institute of Geology, Karelian research centre, RAS
the forum is supported by:
Dear Professionals operating on the mining-geological market!
Welcome to the International Scientific and Practical Conference MINEX FORUM NORTHWEST 2007!
The goal of the Scientific and Practical Conference MINEX FORUM - NORTHWEST 2007 is to contribute to the development of Northwest Russia's mineral resources and to share experience in mining geology. The application of advanced methods and the increase in the technological potential of mining companies are directly related to their investment appeal and efficient development of the region's mineral resources, which, in turn, is expected to strengthen Russia's position as the world leader in mineral production.
One of the important issues to be discussed at MINEX FORUM - NORTHWEST 2007 is the role, position and mineral potential of Northwest Russia as a basis for the economic development of the region. Practical solutions to engineering and technical problems in geological prospecting will also be discussed. Special attention will be given to ways of increasing gold and diamond resources.
basic subjects of the conference
- northwest russia's mineral resources: the present and the future
- chances to discover new gold provinces
- -Review of the gold potential of old platforms
- -Gold and PGE prospecting in the region at present
- -Achievements in the development of gold deposits in Finland and Sweden
- -Presentation of projects
- Northwest russia's Diamond potential: the future
- Licensing and information policy
- -Information support of prediction and prospecting in the region
- -Experience in the information support of geological prospecting in Finland and Sweden
- early-stage geological prospecting projects: how to make them more appealing
- modern methods and patterns of geological exploration and prospecting
- Mineral raw materials base: simulation of deposits, evaluation of reserves and resources
- evaluation of projects in russia and other countries
- investment and economic trends in the mining sector
- experience in the funding of mining and geological projects
- -Starting joint ventures
- -Placement of assets at international stock exchanges
- -Design funding
- New mining and geological prospecting technologies and equipment
* The Programme of the Conference can be changed.
brief information on the mining and geological forum minex:
Two International Mining-Geological Business Forums MINEX have been held successfully in Moscow.
Today, Minex ("Mining & Exploration" – "Mining & Geological prospecting") is one of the biggest and most representative events that deal with stimulation and accomplishment of geological prospecting and mining projects and the development of Russia's and CIS' mineral raw material complex at the present time and in the future.
- The Forum was initiated by SRK Consulting, an international mining engineering company.
- The Forum is administrated by Advantix Ltd., a British communication company., a British communication company
- Minex 2005 and 2006 were co-organized by Geoinformark, a Russian information and publishing centre for geology and use of mineral resources
The Forum was attended by over 500 leaders of more than 400 mining-geological companies, strategic investors, Russian and international banks, consultants and representatives of governmental supervising organizations from Russia, CIS, West Europe, Africa, Australia ans South and North America. Talks on mining-geological and investment activities in the mineral raw material sector of Russia's economy were given.
At the present time the world leaders in the production and exporting of mineral raw materials are Canada, the USA, South America, Africa and Australia. However, considering the present position of Russia in this sector of world economy, the attendees concluded that Russia has a unique opportunity to become a leader in the production of mineral raw materials by 2020.
For more detail, please contact:
Alexei Yuryevich Shishkov
Copies of papers should be sumbitted in electronic form before 10 April, 2007. An abstract in Russian and English and a photograph of the speaker are desirable
Phone.: (8142) 74-87-29; 74-87-29